Special Notes for Your Visit to Standing Tall Reserve
* Standing Tall is a private residence located on 10.5 acres.
* Please be respectful of speed limits, watch for dogs, slow moving farm machinery and children.There are quite a few “country dogs” around so please be very observant while driving down Benson Road.During the spring & fall there are a lot of slow moving farm machinery, please be respectful.
* If you are coming for a day or overnight retreat, you will be asked to provide a contact in case of emergency, please let that person know you’ve chosen them.
* Please advise us regarding special dietary concerns immediately such as dairy, nuts, gluten sensitivity, etc.
* Yoga mats, props, blankets for meditation etc. are not supplied – please bring what makes you comfortable.
* If you are spending the night in the residence, please bring an airbed if you are sleeping “dormitory style” & your favorite pillow & a blanket to make your sleep pleasurable.
* We have towels, washcloths, soap, and shampoo/condition for your convenience if you wish to use the shower or whirlpool bath.
* It is best to refrain from wearing perfumes for any holistic lifestyle workshops at Standing Tall.
Things to expect…
Standing Tall is located next to a working farm.At anytime there may be noise associated with farming; tilling, harvesting, etc.
Standing Tall has two resident dogs.Our Bernese Mountain Dog weighs about 115lbs. and is full of energy when people come to the house.You should come prepared for her welcome...it's loud! Best to ignore her until she settles in:) Our Beagle/Bassett is a man of few words but sweet as pie. – if you have an aversion or allergy please advise us immediately.
Standing Tall is also in the heart of prime hunting land.Please be advised you may hear gun shots during a particular season.In addition, the Boy Scouts acreage is located just across the river and they conduct target practice on occasion.
Standing Tall has neighbors.There may be noises associated with neighbors such as lawn mowers, music, fireworks, etc.In addition, please be respectful of our neighbors by honoring posted speed limits and being mindful of children and pets.Please come slowly down our driveway – 15mph or less is a good speed.
Standing Tall has a woodland.With woodlands come poison ivy, insects, wildlife, etc.Please be advised.We always have mosquito repellent around and calamine lotion, but if you are particularly sensitive, please bring your product of choice.
You will need to bring a pair of old gym shoes or hiking shoes or something appropriate for hiking down a ravine if you plan on taking a walk to the river, it can be slippery if wet.There are several areas to look out at the river from the uplands if you do not wish to hike down the ravine.
You will also need to bring a pair of easy on/off pants to wear during your walk to the river in summer only.During the summer there are stinging nettles, a plant that when rubbed against will give you a lasting prickly sensation, not a rash.It isn’t that bad, but we prefer to wear pants over our shorts on the way down but then take them off to enjoy the cool water and sunshine.Use your discretion so you are comfortable. (During HOT season only)
Enjoy your rustic stay at Standing Tall Reserve, Morris, Illinois.